Screenprinting & Graphic Association of India
A catalyst for industry growth
As a dedicated national level screen printing and graphics industry association, SGAI has worked tirelessly on several fronts with the intent of ensuring that Indian screen print businesses are better represented and showcased, not only within the country but also beyond our borders. Expanding the market for the Indian screen print industry remains a key objective. Our endeavour is to open up new markets for Indian screen print businesses and help our members to connect with business communities in countries surrounding India. We interact closely with industry associations in several nations to facilitate our members’ exploration of neighbouring markets
The screen printing industry in India has undergone a major transformation over the past decade. From a gradual evolution to a rapid rejuvenation, it has been an exhilarating time with new technologies, new markets, new processes… everything has been changing. From a stage where people were sceptical about the industry’s success, today there is a confidence that screen printing is growing at a steady pace and is all set to grow even more in the years to follow. It is clear that good quality printers in India who have invested and improved their standards can get business from anywhere in the world.
The automotive industry, telecom industry, electrical industry, textiles industry are all driving growth in the screen printing industry. The Indian screen printing industry is set to go through the roof. There will be a tremendous boom, lots of collaborations have happened and will continue to happen on an ongoing basis. There is a shift from the previous ‘cheaper pricing’ mindset. The printers in India have understood the need to stop using cheap materials and equipments, they try to avoid cheap processes and instead, go in for good quality processes.
The Indian screen printing industry has been dealer driven; now there is emphasis on ways to make it more knowledge and technology driven. To facilitate this, industry stakeholders like SGAI, the national association are focusing more on education and training in order to increase overall awareness levels. Their ongoing effort is to try and make screen printing an even more successful industry than what it is at present.
Aims & Objectives
▪ To Stimulate the growth and development of screenprinting and graphics industry in india.
▪ To Promote the general, commercial, industrial and social interest of the screenprinting and graphics industry in india.
▪ To educate and create awareness among Indian screenprinters by organising technical seminars, discussions, etc. and
keeping them updated with latest developments and advancements taking place in the industry globally.
▪ To Provide a platform by which the problems and difficulties of Indian screenprinting & graphics industry could be discussed
with central, state and regional Government and related bodies.
▪ To provide a major thrust on training and education screenprinters on professional basis and to work for an integrated
institute exclusively for the screen printing industry.
▪ To Play an important role in getting various segment of screenprinting industry together and help in coordinating efforts for
the united developments of the industry.
▪ To interact with internationl, national and regional printing associations and have friendship and cooperation with them to
get an up-to-date information and knowledge on the related subject.
▪ To work as an apex body for Indian screenprinting industry and to represent with various govt. authorities from time to time
and provide them with inputs required for the development of the industry.
▪ To encourage, develop and carry out, all kinds of scientific research, economic and social research related to screenprinting
and graphics industries.
▪ To ensure the establishment, promotion, research and development of persons engaged in screenprinting & graphics
▪ To encourage and bring about an attitude of cooperation amongst people directly or indirectly engaged in screenprinting
and graphics industries, and to connect them and involve them in achieving a common goal.
Managing Committee/ Office Bearers
Mr. Anil R. Brahmbhatt, President
Mr. Vimlesh Arora, Vice President (North)
Mr. Sushil Golchha, Vice President (East)
Mr. Bharat D. Sethia, Vice President (West)
Mr. Devang N. Sheth, Secretary
Mr. Jignesh Ruparelia, Treasurer
Mr. Mukund Karia, Committee Member
Mr. Dhiren V. Shah, Committee Member
Mr. G. P. Kamath, Committee Member
Mr. Akil Contractor, Exec. Committee Member
Mr. T. Velusamy (Raja), Exec. Committee Member
Screenprinting & Graphic Association of India (SGAI)
B/201, Pragee CHS, Bajaj Road, Opp. National Decorators,
Vile Parle West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Tel: +91 22 2614 9984, 2610 0363
E Mail: email@example.com